Campbells of Leyburn is an award-winning supermarket and wine and spirit
merchant that has been owned by the Campbell family since 1868. Sadly, Doug Campbell died in February 2015 but his family
legacy survives. Situated at the heart of the historic market town of Leyburn,
its unique character has developed over almost 150 years of serving both the
local community and the visitors who flock to the Yorkshire Dales from every
corner of the world.
While supermarkets from Canterbury to Carlisle tend to look and feel the
same, we offer something entirely different. Of course, it helps to be based
in a stunningly beautiful corner of England.
- We pro-actively support local Yorkshire farmers, artisans and
specialist food manufacturers, while catering equally diligently for the
increasingly cosmopolitan tastes of locals and visitors.
- We believe we offer the widest selection of wines in the region, plus an
outstanding selection of spirits and ales.
- Our traditional butchers pride themselves on sourcing local and rare
- Our delicatessen and cheese counters offer exceptional selections of
local, national and international products.
- You can always count on advice from our knowledgeable and friendly staff
to help you get the tastes you want.
- We have remained true to our roots and continue to bring local communities
supermarket-style choice and prices for their weekly shop.